When you enable customer accounts, Shopify maintains password-protected information about a client’s identity, past orders, and current order status. Customers’ personal information, such as their name and shipping address, is automatically filled in during checkout from the information you’ve already recorded.
- Changing the settings for your customer account.
- Encourage your clients to open an account by sending them an invitation.
- View the active subscriptions of your customers.
- A customer’s account can be deactivated.
- Customer password considerations.
Table of Contents
How to Changing the settings for your Shopify customer account?
Your customers’ accounts might be mandatory, voluntary, or completely disabled. Customers are sent to a different account creation page when given the option or are forced to establish an account.
- Customers will not be able to register or log in throughout the checkout process if accounts are disabled. They’ll have to enter all the details themselves to complete the transaction. By checking the Save this information for next time box, a browser cookie is set to save the customer’s data for that particular retailer exclusively.
- Customers can create an account, but they are not required to do so to complete a transaction. Customers’ shipping addresses are automatically filled in when they place an order if they have an account and are logged in. Alternatively, can customers use the Already have an account? There is a sign-in button above the email field. Enter your email and password, sign up for an account, or continue as a guest by clicking.
- Customers must have an account and be logged in to complete the checkout process. If you run a wholesale or members-only store, this setting will come in handy. When a consumer puts an order, the address information is immediately filled in. Your consumers can still create accounts even if you choose to require them. Customizing your store’s theme is the only way to restrict access to your store.
Your sales may suffer if you force customers to create an account.:
Preferences for your customers’ accounts can be set:
- Navigate to Settings > Checkout in your Shopify admin panel.
- Select a customer account from the list in the Customer accounts portion of the window that appears.
- Save your work.
The following are the names and addresses of the people who will be:
Customers can choose from the addresses they’ve used recently if they’re logged in at checkout. Alternatively, they can enter their address in the field. Customers are unable to select the five lessons they wish to save. ‘
How to Encourage your clients to open an account by sending them an invitation?
You can send clients direct invites to activate an account if you specify customer accounts as optional or necessary in the Checkout settings. A 30-day time limit has been placed on the email invitation.
This information can be seen on the profile page of the consumer.
When a customer signs up for a new account, you can send them an email inviting them to do so.
Before you begin :–
Customers receive an email with a predefined subject line and content message when signing up for an account. Go to Settings > Notifications > Customers > Customer account invite to change the text of the Subject and Custom message boxes.
Send invites to specific users:
Customers must be added to your store before inviting them to establish an account. If you haven’t added the consumer to your store, they won’t appear on the customer list. Add the customer first in this situation.
It is unable to invite customers through the Shopify admin app. The Shopify app does not provide this feature.
- Go to your Shopify admin.
- Select the customer you wish to invite by clicking on their name.
- Send an account invitation by clicking Send account invitation.
- The Subject field can be edited if desired.
- If you have a note for your customers, enter it here. If you leave this field unchecked, the customer will receive the default message.
- Once you’ve completed the review, click the Send notice button.
Send customer account invitations to a large group:
Any of your clients who haven’t signed up yet can be invited to do so using a mobile app.
How to View the active subscriptions of your customers?
This information is presented in the customer’s profile when they subscribe to a product. In the Active subscription’s column, you can see what goods a client has subscribed to and when their next order is due.
- Go to your Shopify admin.
- Select the customer’s name from the drop-down menu.
Do either of the following under the active product subscriptions section:
- Click View order to access the subscription order that the consumer placed.
- In your subscription app, select View subscription to get your subscription information.
How to Disable a customer’s account?
Customer accounts can be disabled to prevent customers from placing orders on your website.
Customer password considerations:
It is not possible to move client passwords from another platform to Shopify due to the encryption of passwords. So, only customer records, and not user accounts, are transferred to Shopify.
Creating an account at Shopify:
Shopify can be accessed using a web browser or an app on your smartphone or tablet.
You’ll be prompted to prove you aren’t a robot if you enter an invalid password on the next login attempt. If your browser is in private or incognito mode or your browsing history has been wiped after your last Shopify login, you’ll be prompted to complete the verification steps. Each verification step requires you to wait for all photos to load before you can click Verify.
See Resetting your password for details on how to reset your password. Contact Shopify help if you have forgotten the email address you use to log in to Shopify.
Log in to your Shopify admin on desktop steps:
- Go to your Shopify login page.
- Then, enter your store domain or a custom store domain and press the Next button.
- Continue by entering your email address.
- Click on the Login button after entering your password.
Passwords can be reset in several ways:
Resetting your login password is an option if you’ve misplaced it or wish to increase the security of your account. Owners of a business can reset their passwords and start resetting the passwords of their employees.
- Password resets with and without two-step authentication are identical.
- If you’ve forgotten your password.
- Password recovery
- Passwords for employees should be reset.
To recover a lost or forgotten password, follow these steps:
- Enter your store address on the Shopify login page and click Next.
- After Entering your email and click the Next button.
To reset your password, click Forgot your password?
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for your Shopify account in the fourth step.
- Afterward, click the Reset Password button.
- A link to reset your password is sent to you through email.
- In the Confirm password section, type in your new password.
- Return to Shopify’s login page and use your new password to sign in.
Set new employee accounts:
- Once you’ve logged into your Shopify admin, go to Settings and Users and Permissions.
- Click on the staff member’s name.
- To reset your password, click Email instructions in the RESET PASSWORD area.
- Everyone on the team receives a password reset email with instructions.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What is Shopify, and how does it work?
- You can establish, grow, and manage a business using Shopify, a complete commerce platform.
- Design and build an e-commerce site
- To reach a wider audience, you can use a variety of mediums to sell your product or service.
How much does it cost to use Shopify?
For the first 14 days, Shopify is free to try without requiring a credit card. After your free trial period ends, select a price plan that best fits your business’s needs.
How can I set up my website using the Shopify platform?
Shopify allows you to utilize your domain name.
You can link an existing domain name to your Shopify store from your store’s admin. Connecting an existing domain to your Shopify store is explained in detail here.
How do I use Shopify if I’m not a designer or developer?
Shopify does not necessitate that you be a designer or developer.
Online store builders and themes allow you to customize your store’s appearance
Apps are a great way to expand the functionality of your store.
Contact our support team or look for and hire a certified Shopify expert in the Shopify Expert Marketplace.
Can I use Shopify outside of the United States?
Nearly every country in the world has access to Shopify.
In which languages does Shopify offer its products and services to customers?
It’s up to the theme whether or not it supports several languages in the areas of Shopify that customers see. Learn more about our topics and get a taste of what we have to offer.
What is Shopify Login, and why do I need it?
Shopify Login is a secure portal that allows users to access their Shopify accounts. You need it to manage your online store, add products, process orders, and monitor your e-commerce business on the Shopify platform.
How do I create a Shopify Login account?
To create a Shopify Login account, you’ll first need to sign up for a Shopify store. Once you have a store, you can use your store’s domain and the login credentials provided during the store setup process to log in to your Shopify admin.
I forgot my Shopify Login password. How can I reset it?
If you forget your Shopify Login password, go to the Shopify login page and click on the “Forgot password?” link. Follow the instructions to reset your password, which typically involve receiving a reset link via email.
Is my Shopify Login secure for managing my e-commerce store?
Yes, Shopify takes security seriously and employs various security measures to protect user accounts and online stores. You can also enhance security by using strong, unique passwords and enabling two-factor authentication (2FA) if available.
Can I manage my Shopify store on a mobile device or through an app?
Yes, Shopify offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to log in to your Shopify admin and manage your online store while on the go. You can track sales, add products, and respond to customer inquiries from the app.
How can I change my store information or update my products using Shopify Login?
After logging in to your Shopify admin, you can access various sections to manage your store. To update store information or add/edit products, navigate to the respective sections in the Shopify admin dashboard.
What should I do if I encounter login issues with Shopify?
If you experience login problems, ensure that you are using the correct login credentials associated with your Shopify store. If you continue to have issues, you can contact Shopify’s customer support or use the password recovery options provided on the login page.
Note: Please note that Shopify may update its platform and user interface over time, so it’s essential to refer to the official Shopify website or contact their support for the most current information and assistance with your e-commerce store.