If you’re a photo fanatic, you probably have an Instagram account. In this article, we will talk about how to delete Instagram account.
Instagram is a top-performing social media platform owned by Facebook. Moreover, it has over 330 million monthly active users.
However, many Instagram users decide to delete their Instagram over the fear of having their privacy breached. This concern is reasonable, considering WhatsApp has been questioned by users this year for a new policy to transfer personal user data with Facebook.
Could a similar situation be happening on Instagram? For countless users, it is more satisfactory to be safe than sorry. That’s why we’re sharing how to delete your Instagram account quickly.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently?
Note that if you delete your Instagram account, it will no longer exist, and people cannot search for you on Instagram or access your profile. To delete your Instagram account, you must follow these steps:
- Firstly, to delete your Instagram account, you need to use a web browser to go to the Instagram account deletion page and log into your account.
- Once you have logged in, Instagram will ask you why you are deleting your account. You can choose one of the options in the dropdown menu.
- Once you have chosen an option, Instagram will give you some suggestions to check that you want to delete your account. If you are confident, re-enter your password in the box that appears, and press the ‘Delete’ button.
- Click the pop-up to confirm you want to delete your account if one arises.
- You have approximately one month between hitting the ‘delete’ button and your account actually disappearing. It means you can log in again and stop your account from being deleted if you change your mind. Check the date that Instagram lists to see when your Instagram account will be deleted permanently.
- Finally, once your account has been fully deleted, you can use your old username on a new account if you want to. But bear in mind that Instagram says it may keep some of your data after your account has been deleted for specific reasons. You can check Instagram’s data policy to find out more about the same.
How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone?
To delete your Instagram account on iPhone, you’ll need your correct log-in information ready. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, open Instagram and select the profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Secondly, tap on the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner to access Settings.
- Now click on Help Centre from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- To delete your account, go to Account Management and Delete Your Account.
- Select ‘How do I delete my Instagram account?’ from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Now just scroll down of the page and click on the link that says “Delete Your Account”.
- Finally, choose an appropriate reason under ‘Why are you deleting your account?’ Click on the button that says “Permanently delete my account”. Now enter your Instagram password.
If you delete your Instagram account on iPhone, your followers will disappear, and no one will be able to follow you as they can’t find you or see your account.
How to Delete Instagram Account in App?
To delete your Instagram account on the Android app, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open the Instagram app on your phone and tap on the profile icon.
- Secondly, tap on the hamburger menu icon and then select Settings.
- Now tap Help and tap on the Help Center.
- Also, you will now be redirected to a new page. Click on the hamburger menu icon in the top-right corner and select Manage Your Account.
- Then, select Delete Your Account.
- Open the dropdown named How do I delete my Instagram account?
- Scroll down and select Delete your account.
- Give a reason as to why you are deleting your Instagram account. Also, enter the password again for your Instagram account. Also, click on the blue delete button near the bottom, and confirm your decision when prompted.
If you deactivate your Instagram account, you cannot reclaim it later. You can only create a new Instagram account, but you will not extract information from the previous account. Alternatively, you have the option to deactivate your account temporarily.
You have now deleted your Instagram account and all of your comments and photos. Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to pick the same username if you wish to return. So if you’re still on the fence about quitting, consider following the option to suspend your Instagram account temporarily.